Comments and complaints

Comments and complaints

NHS Greater Huddersfield CCG complaints – listening and learning 

We take all complaints very seriously and wherever possible we use them to learn lessons, make changes and improve the services we commission.

Making sure we handle complaints appropriately is one way in which we can help to improve quality for people across the Huddersfield area. Learning from complaints helps all the organisations involved in patient care to continually improve the services they provide and give the best experience for all their patients.

If you are unhappy with the service that you have received from an NHS service in Huddersfield and you want to make a complaint, please email our customer information and complaints officer at:

Or write to us at:

Customer Information and Complaints Officer
NHS Greater Huddersfield Clinical Commissioning Group
2nd Floor
Norwich Union House
Market Street

Or call us on:

07970 991981 or 07970 992031

Please read our Frequently asked questions to find out more information about our complaints process. Our complaints framework can be found Complaints Framework.

You can access a copy of our Complaint and PALS Annual Reports below:

Complaints and PALS Annual Report 2019-2020

Complaints and PALS Annual Report 2018-2019

We appreciate that NHS structures can be very confusing and it is not always easy to know who you should tell about your complaint.  Below is a guide to the various types of care provider and which organisations can manage those complaints.

 If you want to complain about the care or service provided by: You should contact :
Your GP GP practice / NHS England
Your dentist Dental practice / NHS England
Your optician Optician / NHS England
Your pharmacy Pharmacy / NHS England
Your local hospital Hospital / CCG
Your local mental health provider Mental health provider / CCG
The continuing health care team CCG
The individual funding request team CCG
Community services The community service / the provider of the service / the commissioner of the service
The local ambulance service The ambulance trust / CCG

Please note that we do not commission every health service you might use. If your enquiry is about a GP practice, or registering with a dentist, an organisation called NHS England is responsible for commissioning those services. NHS England has set up a customer contact centre and you can contact them on or 0300 311 22 33.  More information can be found on the NHS England website

Continuing Health Care

North Kirklees CCG host the Continuing Health Care Service on behalf of Greater Huddersfield CCG and North Kirklees CCG. If you have a complaint regarding this service and live within the Greater Huddersfield area you should complain directly to us at Greater Huddersfield CCG. If you live in the North Kirklees area please contact North Kirklees CCG on or visit to make your complaint.

Please be aware that we will need to pass your complaint on to the Continuing Health Care Team hosted at North Kirklees CCG and we will seek your consent to do so as part of our complaints handling process.