Details about the CCG’s past engagement and consultation activity, and what we have done with what you have told us.
Our CCG receives a huge amount of feedback from local people – including compliments and complaints about services, views expressed during consultation and engagement activities, feedback from patient groups and representatives, and a host of informal methods as well.
This feedback gives us a huge resource of useful information – it helps us to know when the local NHS is getting things right, when we get things wrong, and where we might be able to improve the experience of people using local services.
On this page we have set out some of the key pieces of feedback we have heard, and how the CCG responded during 2019/20.
Wheelchair services – 2017 – 2020
We asked you to tell us about your experience of using wheelchair services.
You told us that the service needed to be improved.
We worked with services users, carers, voluntary sector and key stakeholders to develop a new service specification. And set up a service user group to help us during the procurement process to appoint a new provider.
We asked service users to tell us about their experience of being involved in the development of the service, they told us
We told you that the contract for The Nook Group Practice was due to end on March 2020 and that we were looking for a new provider.
We asked you how you would feel if we were unable to find a new provider and your current practice were to close and you had to register with a different practice
You told us you would be concerned about travelling further to access GP services and whether a new practice could provide the same level of care. You wanted to keep your practice in Salendine Nook as it was convenient and you were happy with the service
We listened to what you had told us and we have selected Fieldhead Surgery to provide GP services at Salendine Nook from 1 April 2020. The practice will be called Nook Surgery.
NHS Long Term Plan and Kirklees Operational Plan event – spring 2019
We asked you what you thought about the NHS services that you receive and how they could be improved.
You told us
We listened to what you had told us and we used your feedback to help develop our joint operational plan 19/20.
More information about the work we have done to respond positively to the feedback we receive can be found elsewhere on this website – you can view our latest annual Consultation and Engagement Annual Review here. Reports from previous years are available on our Engagement reports page, and you can also view our latest Annual Report 2018/19 which sets out our engagement activity in that year (pages 41-42).
Reports of findings from previous engagement and consultation activity
- Public Engagement Event – February 2020
- Public Engagement Event – October 2019
- Nook Group Practice Consultation – August – October 2019
- Public Engagement Event – July 2019
- NHS Long Term Plan and Kirklees Operational Plan Event – April – May 2019
- Report of Findings on the Engagement for The Nook Group Practice – February – April 2019
- Joined Up – Yorkshire and Humber 2018 – January 2019
- Community Services Engagement and Consultation Mapping – March 2013 – August 2018
- Intermediate care engagement – September 2018
- Lindley Group Practice relocation – August 2018
- Westbourne Surgery relocation – August 2018
- Pain management engagement
- Online consultations – June 2018
- Survey on the pre-pregnancy period – May 2018
- NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme – May 2018
- Colne Valley Group Practice Patient Consultation – April 2018
- Reducing prescribing of over-the-counter medicines – March 2018
- Safe care for adults with complex health needs – February 2018
- Raising concerns and making complaints about health, social care or education – January 2018
- Podiatry consultation (Locala) – August 2017
- NHS England prescribing consultation – October 2017
- Extended Access Final Engagement Report November 2017
- Wheelchair services – November 2017
- Engagement report detailing the findings from the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Stroke Services initial conversations – June 2017
- Autistic spectrum conditions engagement report – November 2014
- Statement of involvement report – August 2014
- Anticoagulation service engagement report – January 2014
- Child development service – consultation report – July 2014
- MSK engagement report
- Call to action – engagement report for Greater Huddersfield CCG
- Single care plan feedback
- Emergency gynaecology and early pregnancy assessment services
- Practice based services engagement and equality report
- Primary medical services – gynaecology
- Primary medical services – phlebotomy
- Public sector equality and diversity report
- Patient and public engagement and experience strategy 2015 – 2018